Costa Rica - 2015
• Volunteered with and learned from the ecologically and sustainability-focused indigenous tribe, Bribri.
• Helped build an aqueduct to improve water flow and a community soccer field.
• Delivered 7 suitcases of donations and $150 worth of school supplies to an orphanage.
Canada & Alaska - 2016
• Built 4 picnic tables for local school and community use.
• Volunteered on National Aboriginal Day to help with set up, festivities, kids' activities, and clean up.
• Presented and shared OTW documentary at four town locations including a community theater for the general public, Smithers Senior Secondary school, a local college and at the iCount school on the First Nations' reservation in Morricetown, BC.
• Donated $250 to Smithers Rotary Club and $250 to St. Joseph's school.
Nepal & India - 2017
• Stayed with the Chepang whose village was destroyed by the earthquake in 2015 and donated paint and school supplies.
• Primed and painted the Chepang school and the window frames of the recently rebuilt homes.
• Visited several orphanages, the Nepal Disabled Association, and Clinic Nepal.
• Primed, sanded, and painted the perimeter wall around another school.
Florida & Cuba - 2018
• Helped rebuild houses destroyed by 2017 hurricanes with Habitat for Humanity in the Florida Keys.
Marin County - Our Community
OTW participants have:
• Supported and educated local schools, agencies, and other grassroots organizations.
• Volunteered at various Marin and San Francisco organizations such as Marin County Parks, Cedars of Marin, Homeward Bound, Marin Audubon Society, Glide Memorial, Mill Street Center, St. Vincent de Paul’s, Youth Service Team (YST), Canal Alliance, and San Francisco Food Bank.
• Donated to and volunteered to help the Marin Hunger Walk.
• Helped deliver turkeys with the Marin County Probationupported two families through Adopt-a-Family during the holidays.
• OTW delivers book donations from Barnes & Noble and their generous customers to 15 different organizations, groups and non-profits within Marin County who specifically work with and support youth at risk.
• Established a $250 OTW scholarship in honor and memory of Joanne Jackson.
"We rise by lifting others."
Nepal - 2013
• Painted a school fence.
• Delivered 15 bags of donations including $600 worth of school supplies to the Wolfgang-Linke Kindergarten and MINCO orphanage.
• Bought 6 goats, which provide an annual income for 6 families.
• Volunteered at the MINCO orphanage.
• In April of 2015, OTW raised over $4500 for Nepal Earthquake Relief. The money raised helped with the reconstruction of the MINCO orphanage and a donation was made to Himalayan Relief.
United States - 2014
• Helped rebuild a house destroyed by Hurricane Katrina with Habitat for Humanity.
• Delivered 3 large boxes of toys to Children's Hospital of Alabama.